I have always been a huge fan of stuffing. It is the perfect side dish that goes well with everything. I mean, the bread with all the flavours and veggies just all come together so perfectly!
Stuffing is truly the ultimate holiday dish, that I could definitely eat everyday! This dressed up version of stuffing includes cauliflower as the base making it lower in carbs and upping the nutrition factor without losing all the flavour.
One of my favourite things about stuffing is its savoury flavour and the cauliflower works so well with the flavour profile of this dish. As per usual, I tested this out at a family event (always the best and easiest way for me to get honest, sometimes brutally honest, feedback) and it was a total hit. Even with the kids!
So let’s dive right into this goodness! Oh and don’t blame me if it becomes a quick favourite not only for the holidays but year-round! Or do, I’m cool with it 🙂
- 1 large head cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning (or 1/2 tsp each dried thyme, sage, rosemary)
- 1 tsp himilayan sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, onions, celery and garlic. Top with olive oil, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a single layer on the baking sheet leaving as much room in between pieces as possible (you want the cauliflower and onions to touch the pan as much as possible). Place in oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir. Add parley and pecans, stir, and return to oven for another 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower is browned and onions are starting to caramelize.