I was in a major mood for Broccoli Salad yesterday and decided to whip some up for dinner. The result was AMAZING and it just goes to show sometimes the best recipes happen by accident (and with whatever you have in your fridge). I couldn’t believe how delicious this recipe turned out and everyone (including the kids) loved it, so I’m calling it a win! Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below!
The Best Broccoli Salad
- 5 cups brocoli florets (chopped in 1 inch pieces)
- 5 strips bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, choppe dinto 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup avocado mayo
- 1/4 cup organic greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp ranch seasoning (i use epicure)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp bacon grease
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for 30 seconds then remove and place in bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar to a small bowl and add chopped onions. Let soak while assembling the rest of the salad. (this makes the raw onions less strong tasting for the kiddos).
- Cook bacon until cristpy and add 1 tsp bacon greese to the bowl with apple cider vinegar and onions. Set aside. Chop bacon and add to bowl with broccoli. Add shopped cucumber, snap peas, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a pan over medium heat toast hte almonds until browned watching carefully so they don't burn. Add to bowl with broccoli.
- In the bowl with apple cider vinegar and onions add the remaining dressing ingredients and stir to combine. Add to the bowl with broccoli and stir to combine.