Carrot cake is one of my favorite desserts, but I can tell you this protein-packed muffin version is a close rival! Don’t get spooked by the ingredient list as it’s all staple pantry items, but when they all come together the taste and flavor are magic! These protein carrot cake muffins are one of my favorites to whip up on Sunday afternoons so I have a healthy filling snack to pack for lunches during the week. Our whole family loves these and I know yours will too!
Protein Carrot Cake Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup organic greek yogurt plain
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/4 cup kodiak cake mix
- 1 scoop protein powder (vanilla or pumpkin spice)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- Start with wet ingredients. Beat eggs then add greek yogurt, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, bananas, melted coconut oil and applesauce. Stir gently until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Add the Kodiak Cake mix, oats, protein powder, spices, salt and mix until incorporated. Gently fold in carrots, raisins and pecans (if using) and stir until just combined.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in muffin tin before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completley.